October 9, 2009

WWJD about the stripper and the priest?

WFOR's Jim Defede reports that Father David Dueppen, disgraced Catholic priest, wants custody of the out-of-wedlock child he had with former stripper Beatrice Hernandez.

On the plus side, he's admitted paternity.

But here's the dilemma: who would make the better parent; the woman who worked for awhile as a stripper to support her family, or an oath-breaking priest who betrayed everything he claimed to hold sacred?

Sure, we could argue that she tempted him into it, but who made the oath, here; the priest, or the stripper? I'm pretty sure that strip-club owners don't make you swear not to fuck a priest. But I'm positive that the Catholic Church is still making priests, monks, and nuns take vows of celibacy.

Frankly, I think that strippers have a better morale fiber than this oath-breaking, stripper-screwing disgraced priest. I seem to recall that even Jesus had issues with priests.

WWJD?

He'd let the mother keep her daughter, and give Dueppen a good chewing out, that's what I think.


2 comments:

  1. My guess is that you haven't met enough strippers or priests. While I agree with you more often than not, I really need to call you on this one.

    A stripper is a more moral person than a priest?! Since I've spent quite a bit of time at both strip clubs and Catholic churches, I feel safe in saying that it's quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read this year. Next time, consider what a priest does when there's not a mass going on. Even better? Call one and ask. Put as much effort into this one as you did the Sun-Sentinel posts. I would even wager that pedophilia, statutory rape or just plain having sex with someone you're not supposed to (i.e., someone else's spouse), happens a lot more in your line of work, than it does in the church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll tell you what, I'll amend that to "more moral than this oath-breaking, stripper-screwing disgraced priest."

    I doubt the statistics are actually different for priests than for the general population, but I will stipulate that when a priest breaks the law it is more likely to make headlines.

    ReplyDelete