December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas from 1966 - and Happy Chanuka

This is my great-uncle Bob Kerr, making the wreath for the door of my grandparent's house in Haddon Heights.  It was his particular skill, and he made everyone a wreath every year.

This time of year, he always smelled of oil, cigar smoke, and pine.

Christmas - well, the holiday season in general - is a time to remember your family, and gather with them if you can.  We've had a lot of great Christmases in my family, and my neices and nephew have added chanuka to our celebrations.

In my adjusted holiday schedule, a lot of files I meant to have with me were left behind; but here's a chanuka image of sorts, of a more recent vintage.

DSC_8101

Whatever your faith, have a happy holiday season.

And stay away from strange cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment