October 16, 2008

Google Screws The Pooch.

I get home, and my homepage comes up, and it's all fucked up. Apparently some idiot at Google decided I need to waste the two inches on the left hand side of my iGoogle page.

So Google is no longer my homepage. I'm back to Yahoo. It's still a piece of shit compared to the original Yahoo page I had, but nothing could suck as bad as iGoogle's fucking awful sidebar.

The worst part? Google knew people were going to absolutely loathe it months ago. When they tested it, virtually everyone hated it, and the majority of responses was about how much they hated it, and asking for directions on how to re-set the page to its PROPER setting: with the tabs at the TOP. Where they BELONG.

Google finally figured out how to lose market share; I guess they're emulating John McCain.

Congratulations, Google, for the worst business decision since New Coke.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, it kinda pissed me off, too, but I suppose there are worse things to worry about...like a fucking 12'
    x4' translucent soft cover flat!(I hate making soft covers)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind worrying about things I expect to worry about. It's things that I expect to enjoy reaching out and yanking my balls that pisses me off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must now agree with you. I initially thought the changes were merely cosmetic, but now I can't just click on my mail, even though it's displayed. I have to open gmail, and then click on my messages. Grrrr!!!

    ReplyDelete