August 31, 2008

The Headline I've Dreamed Of

Not that I'm a publicity hound or anything, but wouldn't it be cool to open up the newspaper and see your name at the top of a news story with a positive twist? Something like "saves the day," or "hometown hero," or well, this one from today's Herald:



YEAH! I'm "The MAN!"

Not really; first, this Jahn is a first name, not a last name. And this Jahn started off as a woman, Jan. He added the 'h' to make the name more masculine.

It's still a cool headline.

It's a great story, one of committment, of transcendence and acceptance. He has had the full support of friends and family; when Jahn told his father of his decision to change genders, his father replied "your mother would be so proud of you!"

Wow.

I guess I'll have to wait awhile longer for MY headline. Maybe I'll solve the energy crisis, or write a bestseller. Maybe I'll pull someone out of a burning building someday.

I'll still stick this one on the fridge....

1 comment:

  1. Well, you could always aspire to Now She is Jahn the Woman.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete