April 4, 2008

Bus Stop; A Butt-Clenching Experience

I discovered that the bus that runs a block from my house gets me to the train almost as quickly as I can drive to the station. Of course, you have to have a strong sphincter to wait for the bus along Le Jeune road. See this picture? I’m sitting on a bus bench, those are my feet, and that’s an SUV zipping by at 40 mph.

Imagine trying to roll a wheel chair along the side walk. Bike? Forget that. And the side of the road isn’t any better; not only does the lack of a bike lane leave you sharing a lane with an SUV doing 40 mph, the gutters into the street drains are at such a steep angle that it’s very easy to slide down into the grates. It’s stupid dangerous.

I'm willing to bet that the sidewalks along LeJeune road fail to meet mandatory requirements as dictated by the Americans with Disabilities Act.

1 comment:

  1. I think, looking at most of the sidewalks in Miami, they fail ADA requirments. Blocked by signs, posts, poles, benches, curbs, etc etc etc

    Eddie

    ReplyDelete